Build Valuable, High-Quality Products
More than 20,000 students have completed Artisan Agility training!
(we must be doing something right!!!)
- You will learn Scrum from a leading industry expert with years of practical experience
- We cover the cost of your Scrum Alliance membership and your certification exam.
- You will have access to your trainer as a mentor for questions after the course is complete.
- We’ve been providing Scrum Alliance certifications and training since 2005! Very few organizations have been at this as long as we have!
We try to make our registrations as fair as possible. There are discounts for groups, veterans, full-time students, and unemployed candidates. We will often ask for verification of your status in order to avoid the unfortunate instances of students trying to claim discounted tickets that are limited in number for each class (and thereby taking them from others who deserve them). If you have any questions at all about our registration options and policies, please email us.
Early Bird Rate*: $695.00 per Person
Individual Rate: $895.00 per Person
Group Rate**: $595.00 per Person
- *Early Bird Rate available for purchase while tickets last or up to two weeks before the event date.
- **Groups are defined as three or more individuals in the same purchase.
- We also have discounts for full-time students, veterans, first responders and those temporarily unemployed. Contact us for information.
Strengthen your technical skills in agile product development. Certified Scrum Developers (CSD®) have demonstrated through training that ensures they have a working understanding of Scrum and agile principles, and have learned specialized agile engineering skills. The Certified Scrum Developer® course is designed for product developers who are working in a Scrum environment. The goal is to expose students to the most important tools and techniques needed to build good products in the iterative and incremental fashion that Scrum requires. These ideas are central to the entire field of agile product development.
What are the benefits of a Certified Scrum Developer® certification?
In today’s competitive job market, the Certified Scrum Developer® training can set you apart from the pack. A successful Certified Scrum Developer® is committed to continuous improvement. The coursework and dedication needed to achieve a CSD sharpens your skills to help you become a better practitioner of Scrum and agile development.
Our training offers so much more!!! Through a combination of hands-on exercises and real-world stories, our students leave class ready to use Scrum to improve product development, product quality, and team productivity. Whether you are new to agile practices or a seasoned professional, you’ll leave this course with steps that you can begin using immediately to start seeing real results.
If you want to change your career and make a new start in a challenging and rewarding field, being a ScrumMaster is the way to go! Register and join us for two days packed with practical, useful, career-changing information delivered by a trainer and coach who knows what they are talking about!
Click on the registration link below and take the first step!
What Our Students Have to Say
“Jim Schiel was the best instructor that I have experienced…EVER! Even in a fully online course, Jim was 1000% engaging, spending the majority of the course with the presentation minimized and talking to us face-to-face. His presence and experience are unparalleled…”
“Jim is a dynamic, personable, and energetic trainer. The depth of his knowledge and personal career experiences are interwoven into the curriculum bringing it alive, which gets the class fully engaged in their own learning. I highly recommend any class taught by Jim!”
“Jim is a great instructor, keeps his students very active and engaged. Jim made sure everyone thoroughly understood the concepts of Scrum.”
“I’d highly recommend Agile/Scrum professional development and organizational transformation coaching from Jim. I really appreciated the fact that he focused on us becoming great agile practitioners rather than getting us to pass a test.”
“I recently took Jim’s CSM class along with two of my colleagues to become Certified Scrum Masters. The two-day course was informative and real-world practical. As a trainer, Jim is enthusiastic and insightful. My colleagues and I just took our CSM exams and passed with flying colors thanks to Jim’s instruction.”
The CSD Course is a 2 day class from 9 AM-5 PM with a break mid-day for lunch.
- 2 Day CSD virtual course
- 2 Year Membership to Scrum Alliance (a $100 value)
- Online access to class materials even when they’re updated … forever!
There is no required prior certificate, educational background, or work experience needed to participate in the CSD course and receive certification. The Certified Scrum Developer course is designed to introduce you to the basics of Scrum and Agile Product Management and as such all backgrounds are welcome to join.
There is NO CSD exam at the current time.
By attending the 2-day CSD course you will earn 16 PDU/SEU that can be applied towards further educational goals.
About the Instructor
Jim Schiel is a Certified Scrum Trainer with a strong background in large scale Agility, particularly in a regulated environment. Schiel worked at Siemens Health Services for 23 years, where he worked initially as a developer, then as a manager for 16 years, eventually playing the leading role in creating one of the largest Scrum software development implementations in the world. Starting in 2005, Jim pioneered the use of Scrum with his development teams and took on a coaching role, planning and executing the implementation of Scrum and XP practices across six products, seven development sites, and over 1,200 developers. As a business process engineer at Siemens, he helped identify, document, and implement best practices for the software development that maintained the organization’s ISO-9001 certification and satisfied FDA medical device requirements.
Schiel is a “first-generation” Certified Scrum Trainer and has been training Scrum Masters since 2005. He received his initial Scrum Master certification from one of the co-founders of the Scrum method and was also certified as a trainer by the same individual. Jim has taught over 6,000 Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Scrum Teams from California to Finland. Jim has coached and consulted with some of the largest organizations in the world, both commercial and government agencies, including highly regulated environments, helping make Agile Development values and principles a reality.
Jim is the author of Enterprise-Scale Agile Software Development (2009) and The Scrum Master Study Guide (2011).
- If you need to cancel within ten calendar days of the class, there is no refund. However, you may substitute another person to take your place in the class. Or, for a $250 fee, you can transfer to a future Artisan Agility training event.
- No-shows are non-refundable.
- If you attend the course, but decide by the lunch break on the first day of the event that the course is not satisfactory, you are entitled to leave the course with a full refund of all registration fees provided that you let us know why the course did not meet with your satisfaction.
- In the event that a situation beyond our control forces a cancellation, we will notify you through the contact information you provide with your registration and issue a full refund of any fees paid.
We do not share your personal information with anyone…ever! While you will receive a small number of emails after the class to inform you of other opportunities, you will have the option to opt-out at any time (though we REALLY hope you won’t want to). We never retain your credit card information.