This program gives you the skills you will need as a ScrumMaster to help your team excel and succeed as a Scrum team. The skills you will learn in this training system can literally change your life.
In the Advanced ScrumMastering Training System, lessons will appear in your library at a rate of one every week. Once the lesson appears, you can begin working through it. We deliberately pace the delivery of the lessons to give you time to complete the reading and the “homework” before continuing to the next step. Step through the lessons at your own pace, taking the time you need to complete the assignments. In each lesson, you should watch the videos as well as complete the required reading. You may also complete some or all of the recommended materials (much of the recommended materials will require purchasing books, so these items are at your discretion). You must complete any quizzes and essay questions in each lesson. You can take the quizzes as often as you need, but you must score at least an 8 out of 10 points for a quiz to be marked complete. When there are essay questions present, you should review and answer question as completely as possible. The instructor will review all answers and provide feedback where appropriate. You can also provide comments on each lesson page — we recommend putting information there that can help other students with the materials.
Using This Training System
To get maximum benefit from this course, it’s important that you take the following steps:
- Ensure that “email@example.com” is added to your contacts list so that notifications come to your inbox and don’t get lost in your junk mail folders.
- Always click the “Materials” link just under the course progress bar for every lesson and download the materials provided before doing the lesson work. The student handbook for the training system is provided lesson-by-lesson.
- Required reading is just that – required. While we will not track to see if you’ve clicked on all the links to access the required reading, you’ll find the materials much easier to understand if you complete all of the required reading.
- Recommended reading is – well – recommended. Many of these are items you would have to pay for. We strongly recommend purchasing these materials as they will improve your skills even further. The choice, however, is yours.
- Remember to click on the “Mark Complete” button when you finish a topic. If you click on the “Next Topic” or “Next Lesson” button, the lesson WILL NOT be marked as finished.
- Take time now to plan when, during the week, you plan to work on the training system materials (videos, reading, assignments, and quizzes). Your access to these materials is good for only one year. After that year, you will lose access.
- If you are taking this course in order to earn a Scrum Alliance Advanced CSM certification (more on this in the next section), you are required to:
- finish the course in no more than one year, AND
- complete all Coaching Checks throughout the training system.
Earning Your Advanced CSM Certification
Artisan Agility’s Advanced ScrumMastering training system surpasses the objectives for the Scrum Alliance Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) certification. Should you wish to earn the A-CSM, additional rules will apply as you work your way through this system.
To satisfy Scrum Alliance A-CSM certification requirements, you must
- Have an ACTIVE Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification at the time you complete this training system.
- Attend four hours of live coaching. Artisan Agility holds regularly scheduled events with a certified, qualified instructor. We will inform you via email when they are scheduled. These sessions will be held between the hours of 10 am-10 pm Pacific Time (GMT-8) in order to allow everyone to attend.
- Be able to prove a minimum of one year of work experience specific to the role of ScrumMaster within the past five years (when you accept your certification with the Scrum Alliance, the process will require you to document your related work experience). Please note that work experience can be earned while you are completing the A-CSM program. These requirements are to earn the certification, not to start the A-CSM program.
- Complete the entire program in no more than one year. All modules in the A-CSM program must be completed. All quizzes must be passed with an 80% minimum score. All homework must be completed and submitted for review.
The Scrum Alliance sets the minimum learning objectives for the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster program. You can download the learning objectives (January 2020 release) here.
Our goal is to take you FAR BEYOND the approved learning objectives. Through the quizzes, the homework, and the live Q&A sessions, we want to make this a life-changing experience for you!
If you have any questions or problems along the way, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, there’s a lot to think about here, but the Advanced CSM is a serious certification for serious Scrum Masters. We want the certification AND the program to be valuable and worth your time and money!